The cooperation „Coachingssystem: Pig signals. Identify, understand & use (pig handling) is an European Innovation Partnership (EIP-AGRI) project team in Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Livestock management is facing various challenges. People have to meet the requests of animal welfare organisations, especially in regard to certain procedures on animas (such as the abandoment of castration without anastetics, abandoment of tail docking), and at the same time re-gain public acceptance when it comes to livestock handling.
To stimulate an open debate by coppling new media and networks between research and practical experience in this project.
You only learn animal signals when with animals
You can build a stable in a humane way – but only an attentive/observant farmer achieves an animal-friendly one.
Nothing influences animal health as the duty for animal welfare, as much as the keepers individual management.
By including the latest veterinary research and infrared camera technology, correlations become visible and mapped.
In our project we:
- Expand the courses available at the education and knowledge centre LZS Boxberg
- Establish modules for the porpuse of career development
- Develope a multimedia platform – the pig signal App FitForPigs
- Development of a code of conduct (pig handling)
- Proposed further education opportunity: „train the trainer“